First registered: 1938.
Bodybuilder: DSC & Cousins.
No of seats: B37D.
1st Owner: Farmers Trading Co 2.
2nd Owner: A.T.B. 2/A.R.A. 2.
3rd Owner: Wellington Tramway Museum.
Chassis Number: 17882.
Into Service: Dec 1938
Out of Service: Sept 1980
Joined OS Fleet: 1999
Current Status: Stored.
History: Bought by The Farmers Trading Co. One of 4 buses providing a free service from Queen St to
Hobson St. Operated by Auckland Transport Board. The bodies for the vehicles had to be made twice after the
original bodies were destroyed in a fire at DSC & Cousins. The bodies were built in the ATB Royal Oak workshops and
the buses entered service on 19 December 1938. All four buses survived to see their 75th birthday in 2013, with 1 and 3 at MOTAT,
2 with the Omnibus Society and 4 at Ferrymead.
Home | Fleet Index |About the Society | Library | Publications | Bus History | Bus Location | Badges, Books & Posters | Links