The Omnibus Society Fleet

1 - AEC 602 Trackless Tram

Alexander Turnbull Library

First Registerd:

Bodybuilder: DSC & Cousins

No of seats:

1st Owner: Wellington City Corporation Transport Department 1

2nd Owner: Bach at Judgeford

3rd Owner: Omnibus Society.

Chassis Number:


Into Service: 1924

Out of Service: 1932

Joined OS Fleet:

Current Status: Body only, stored at Wellington Tramway Museum

Wellington, and New Zealands, first trolley bus entered service in October 1924. It ran down Hutt Road between Thorndon and Kaiwharawhara. The route only ran until 30 May 1932. It is unknown what happened to the chassis, but the body was used for many years as a bach
7'6"" (2.28m) wide 24' 9" (7.54m) long

Hutt Rd Trails. Auckland Weekly News Oct 2nd 1924

No need for Petrol

Kaiwharawhara Post Office 1924

Current state of body mounted on Leyland Cub chassis

Body when used as a bach - Peter Rendall

Home | Fleet Index |About the Society | Library | Publications | Bus History | Bus Location | Badges, Books & Posters | Links