The Omnibus Society Fleet

759 - 1939 Leyland Cub

Seen when first arriving at Ferrymead - Alan Roi

First Registered: 14 Dec 1939


No of seats: B22F

1st Owner: N.Z.R.R.S. 759.

2nd Owner: Movan.

3rd Owner: Peter Berry.

4th Owner: Omnibus Society.

Chassis Number: 201713

1st Registration:

2nd Registration: MJ9497.

Into Service: 1939

Out of Service: 1957

Joined OS Fleet:

Current Status: Donated to Toitu Otago Settlers Museum

History: Sold by NZRRS on 29 Nov 1957. Used as a Movan. Peter Berry bought the bus late 1980s. Had not run for 2 years. Hand painted (blue with white bumper), new tyres and battery and it went. Driven from Christchurch to Dannevirke, with the only problem being a fuel blockage at Kaikoura. Donated to Toitu Otago Settlers Museum to be restored to suit their art deco former NZRRS depot. Moved to Ferrymead for assesment in 2011, but has not had any attention since and is parked up outside.

Home | Fleet Index |About the Society | Library | Publications | Bus History | Bus Location | Badges, Books & Posters |